Wednesday, November 11, 2009

$12 Nordstrom Envelope Clutch

I think this clutch chose me, somewhere out there in purse heaven (which I truly believe exists) the purse gods guided me to this gem! I actually found it on the ground of the Council for Jewish Women Thrift Shop in West LA. I was headed to the check-out counter with my Betty Crocker Cookbook and it was laying there directly in my path. I have been wanting a white clutch for a while so I thought that instead of just stepping over it might be worth bending over to check it out. Boy am I glad I did! It was perfectly my style, so chic! I noticed right away that it was real leather and in immaculate condition, seriously, not one stain on the lining, I don't think the previous owner ever used it. Then I discovered the Nordstrom label, this is when I knew I hit the jack pot. In my head I'm like: So, let me get this straight - It's a super cute leather Nordstrom envelope clutch in mint condition for only $12? Soooo coming home with me! Just to prove what a deal this was I pulled some comps off Nordy's website. These are all Nordstrom brand clutches currently for sale, they range in price from $88 to $98. Not to be a gloating brat but I think my second hand clutch is way cuter than any of these and it was a fraction of the price.

$88 Nordstrom Clutch
$98 Nordstrom Clutch
$88 Nordstrom Clutch
New Nordstrom Clutch: $93 (average)
My second-hand, never been used before Nordstrom Clutch: $12
Total Savings: 88%

Final Word: Sometimes you find a good deal and sometimes a good deal finds you!

No comments:

Post a Comment