Monday, January 18, 2010

After Christmas Sales

After the ball drops in Times Square, your Christmas trees have been set out on the corner for collection, the lights have been rolled up and shoved in Rubbermaid bins for storage and you are already cheating on you new year’s diet, it’s time for the after Christmas Clearance sales! Yes, I know that technically the after Christmas sales started on December 26th but those sales are nothing compared to the markdowns that you will find at this time of year.
This is the last chance for the stores to off load their holiday merchandise so they are practically giving it away. This past week I stopped by Target and Pier 1 where they were selling all their Christmas merchandise for 75% off .

Here’s what I made off with:
Premium Gift wrap
The red and striped premium papers were originally $7 a roll, I paid $1.75 each
Merry Christmas wrapping paper, originally $4, I paid $1
Gold metal ribbon: originally $6 a spool, I paid $2
Red and Green gift bags: originally $3.50 a bag, I paid 88 cents each
Naughty or Nice gift bag: originally $4.99, I paid $1.25
Naughty or Nice gift tags: originally $2.25, I paid 58 cents.
Tissue paper: originally $2.75, I paid 68 cents each
Ornament gift box with tissue: originally $3.99, I paid 98 cents
Gold and Silver silk pull tie bags: Originally 50 cents each, I paid 8 cents each!

Home Decor
Snow flake diffusers: originally $10 each, I paid $2.50 each
Gingerbread diffuser: originally $15, I paid $3.25
Gingerbread air freshener: originally $6, I paid $1.50
Snowflake picture holders: originally $8, I paid $2
Red cinnamon scented candles: originally $6 each, I paid $3 each
Gold ball candles: originally $12, I paid $3
Peppermint scented bath bubbles: originally $5, I paid $1.25
Party goods
Cocktail napkins: originally $2 each, I paid 50 cents each
Naughty or Nice drink coasters: originally $10, I paid $2.50
Final Word: Hit up places like Target, Pier 1 and Cost Plus for clearance items you can score and store for next year!

1 comment: