Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Truly Religious Experience

Hey dolls, hope everyone is enjoying the New Year! I spent my New Year’s holiday as usual with my BFF Laura who lives in San Francisco and as always, we got up to a little shopping together. On Sunday she took me over to West Portal where they have a dozen or so little boutiques and most important; a Goodwill “Boutique”. What is a Goodwill Boutique you are asking? Well I asked and they told me that it was a special Goodwill where only the best labels and merchandise are sold. They literally have a team of people who sort through all the donations when they come in and pull out the cream of the crop to send them there. Some of the items are donated directly from the department stores and have never even been worn by anyone. I was instantly excited and ready to dig in.
Right in the front of the store was a huge rack of designer jeans so we attacked it, Laura took one end while I came at it from the other and this is where Laura found these babies.So cute! True Religion, straight leg, jeans that look so cute paired with some ballet flats (as seen above). They don’t even look as though they have ever been worn. True Religions retail for anywhere from $175 to upwards of $300 (yes, really), but not for Laura, she got them for a mere $31.99.

Regular Price: $225 (average)
Laura paid: $31.99
Total Savings:
Final Word: If my first thrifty find of 2010 is any indication of the year ahead then I am pleased as punch!

1 comment: