Monday, December 7, 2009

$2 Jewelry Bag

I told myself there would be no more shopping for myself in the year 2009. With Nordstrom half yearly and the Black Friday sales I hit my max on shopping for a while and after all, there are some many other people to shop for this time of year. So I was definitely NOT going to buy myself ANYTHING when I walked into a second hand store this past weekend. I was actually looking for small vintage ornaments to use as gift toppers for x-mas presents for others - but that's a whole other post. Then I saw this little bag. Still can't decide if it is more Asian or '70s era inspired but I fell in love at first sight. It has thick padding and an easy to cinch drawstring and at only two bucks I felt I NEEDED it to keep all my costume jewelry in when I travel. Now all my little accessories can just be thrown in to this little bag and tossed into my suitcase and I won't have to worry about snags in my clothing as a result of a rogue earring or bobby pin getting crazy in my carry-on. Also, thinking about the environment; I am actually doing a service because all those plastic Ziploc bags I used to go through anytime I left town are now one less - replaced by this gem. So there! This bag is a justified purchase and I don't feel bad about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment